Monday, August 20, 2012

You make me blush!

Hello Dearies! Do you like Gil Elvgren illustrations? It's one of my favourite pin up artist. I chose three sassy pin up girls for my post. 
What do these lasses have in common?
I wrote about stockings in my last post. How do you get blooming cheeks? A couple of months ago, I posted about my adored Benetint. It is not my only one, I love powder blusher as well. 
During my holidays in Spain, I swatched two of my favourite rosy delirium: Hussy by Illamasqua & Frankly Scarlet by MAC Cosmetics.

1. Hussy by Illamasqua: On its nice cardboard box it reads: 'Illuminate, radiate, make your face come alive with the colour and drama of Illamasqua Powder Blusher. Colour-Intense and highly pigmented, use it to shade, brighten, enhance and define the shape of your face. Be bold, be daring, be the centre of attention'. What a big truth!. This is a matte blush that will never be chalky and patchy. It's very pigmented and the colour is pinky/corally. I think it smells like sweet vanilla, softer than Frankly Scarlet by MAC Cosmetics but it lasts a little bit less on your cheeks. The packaging is very nice, I don't have any problem (maybe because I am very careful with my makeup products) but I read some people found Illamasqua packaging very weak because they may break easily.If you want to see it on a makeup look, check out this post, I used it on the 60's Barbie makeup look.

2. Frankly Scarlet by MAC Cosmetics: This is a matte blush as well. It's a very long wearing one. It might look scary in the pan because it looks bright red. However, with careful application, it gives you a healthy flush, like skating in the early morning of spring!. I think it smells like baby powder fragance. I'll use it in future makeup looks but if you want to see it now, check out this link from Call of Beauty blogspot. The packaging is very high quality, you know, it's a MAC product!;)

What can I say? Highly Recommended!! If you want to look like a bubbly cheesecake!^^

15 comments:

  1. Me encanta! Y las fotos han quedao preciosas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Me alegro! es que en España salen las fotos más bonitas que en Irlanda;)

      Delete
  2. Hala...:amazed face:

    Falta algún cream blush en la colección jeje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡¡sí!! estoy deseando tener uno en la colección, pero antes va el exhibit-a;)
      me quedan por hacer swatches de algunos aún

      Delete
    2. Lorena...el ravish. Anda míralo.

      Delete
    3. El ravish es precioso, y también tendría que probar el chacha!! Jajaja que es diferente al benetint en textura , si esto es un no parar, yo también los quiero todos

      Delete
  3. Preciosas las ilustraciones.

    El rosita no puede faltar en maquillaje. Ése y el marrón (ojos)son mis aliados, cuando me pinto, claro...


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me alegro que te hayan gustado!como decía más arriba, eché las fotos en España, y no hay color la alegría con las que salen, no como aquí que salen grises jajaja no se distinguen bien los colores.
      Haré un look con marrones para ojos ya que veo que te gusta;)

      Delete
  4. I love blush! También tengo el Benetint, pero últimamente sólo tengo ojos, digo mejillas, para el Orgasm de Nars... Me encantan los dos que has puesto, preciosos.

    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias Mara! Los coloretes son mi perdición, el Orgasm está en mi colección también, y como decía antes ahora quiero el Exhibit-a:) tengo la versión low cost, el Scandalous de Sleek, pero no se puede comparar, con la calidad de NARS^^

      Delete
    2. Buah,el orgasm es un clásico. Pero me gusta más el torrid. Y ahora todas estamos locas con el outlaw,jeje. Yo tambien estoy in love con el cactus flower. Vamos, que los quieo todos! :yu no:

      Delete
    3. A este paso nos tenemos que salir de la casa para que entren los coloretes! ;) , Dallas, coralista, posie me encantan

      Delete
  5. ¡Ostras! Llevo años con un cojín que lleva una ilustración de esta mujer en mi cuarto y no tenía ni idea. Gracias por el descubrimiento. ;) El Franckly Scarlet me lo probé hace poco y me pareció muy chulo, pero creo que ya tengo suficientes coloretes en tonos similares. Los coloretes de Illamasqua los toqueteé la última vez que estuve en UK y me encantó la textura. ¡Tengo ganas mil de hacerme con uno!

    Me ha gustado tu blog, ¡te sigo por TW!

    ¡Besooos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Hoola Ava! Ya ví lo de twitter, yo también te seguí :) Bienvenida!!! Me alegro mucho de tenerte como chica Be-Bop;)
      Sí, sí los coloretes de Illamasqua son maravillosos, ya sabes que incluir a tu wishlist...una cosa más, esto es una perdición jejeje
      Un beso!

      Delete